Before we discuss how service proxy is secured, let’s dissect the word “ service proxy“.
From the word “ Proxy “, it means the authority to represent someone else.
Anonymous are the group of talented Hacktivist that bypass different security systems like Vatican websites and Symantec source code leak.
With these types of cases, it’s very important to have your business secured because we’ll know that someone is watching our activities.
What Is A Service Proxy?
Proxy is a middleman or bridge between the client server and applications.
The main task of a proxy is to make sure that the traffic is routed to its right destination or bucket and apply security policies.
Technically, when you have a proxy server setup, all your internet connections (or just HTTP, depending) go through the proxy first before going to either end of the line.
What are the different types of proxy and how it works?
There are a lot of types of service proxy. I just listed the major types of proxy normally used nowadays.
1. Reverse Sevice Proxy – A reverse proxy could be a form of server that’s usually behind the firewall on a secured network. It directs any traffic request to the acceptance server on the backend. It is the gateway that web traffic must labor under before they forward the request server.
Reverse proxy server acts on behalf of other devices because It sits between two entities and performs a service. Technically, a reverse proxy server sits ahead of web servers and forwards client requests to those web browsers.
For example, you want to browse for any sites, but you don’t want them to view your IP address. Your proxy serves as your default IP address because it adds an additional layer of your network.
To give you a clearer picture of how the reverse proxy works. Let’s watch this video.
2. Forward Service Proxy – A forward service proxy is what the majority calls a ‘ proxy’. You send a connection request to that, and therefore the forward proxy retrieves data from the net. It always lets clients on an otherwise firewall-restricted network to access the net.
In contrast, a forward service proxy server is additionally positioned at your network’s edge, but regulates outbound traffic in keeping with preset policies in shared networks. Additionally, it disguises a client’s IP address and blocks malicious incoming traffic.
Forward service proxy normally implemented and used internally by large organizations or companies such as school universities and enterprises, to:
- Block employees from visiting not related business sites.
- Monitor employee online presence activity.
- Block malicious traffic from reaching an origin server like spam sites that cause security threats to users.
What Are The Benefits Of The Service Proxy?
- Load Balancing – A reverse service proxy commonly used to provide load balancing services to deliver smoother web experiences. It’s increasingly enforce web application security strategic insertion points in an exceedingly network through web application firewalls, application delivery firewalls, and deep inspection.
- Protection from brute attacks – With a reverse proxy in situ, an online site or service never must reveal the IP address of their origin server(s). This makes it much harder for attackers to leverage a targeted attack against them, like a DDoS attack. Instead the attackers will only be able to target the reverse proxy, like Cloudflare’s CDN, which is able to have tighter security and more resources to obviate a cyber attack.
- Caching – A reverse service proxy may also cache content, leading to faster performance. For instance, if a user in London visits a reverse-proxied website with web servers in la, the user might actually hook up with an area reverse proxy server in London, which is able to then must communicate with an origin server in L.A. The service proxy server can then cache (or brief save) the response data. Subsequent client users who browse the location will then get the locally cached version from the clients reverse service proxy server, leading to much faster performance.
- SSL Encryption – SSL initiates an authentication process called a handshake between two communicating devices to confirm that both devices are really who they claim to be.
Importance of Service Proxy in a Organizations.
Service Proxy creates an enormous impact to large organizations or company. Why? Having a secured company attracts more clients. Because they need the presence of mind all of their information are secured.
Every company today is anxious about hackers. An information breach is incredibly expensive, both terms of monetary loss and public image.
A Service proxy minimizes the prospect of a breach or intercept any data from your organizations.
MSPs create or offer proxy services to an organization or business.
They make sure multiple security layer added between your servers and outdoors traffic.